Terms and conditions - Essay UK paid services
CUSTOMER TERMS OF BUSINESS
- These terms
- Information about us and how to contact us
- Our services
- Providing the services
- Late or non delivery
- Cancellation and termination
- How to end the contract with us (including if you are a consumer who has changed their mind)
- Our rights to end the contract
- Liability for loss or damage
- How we may use your personal information
- Other important terms
- Model cancellation form for consumer customers cancelling within the Cooling Off Period
- THESE TERMS
- These are the terms and conditions on which we supply services to you.
- Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
- We have highlighted certain terms in this document that you should pay particular attention to. These relate to our liability for loss or damage, together with your right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 and your entitlement to a refund.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- We are Student Academic Services Limited trading as Essay UK, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 08866484 and our registered office is at Office 7, 35-37 Ludgate Hill, London EC4M 7JN. Our VAT number is [to be completed]. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under Registration Number ZA245894.
- We are an Agency acting on the authority of academically qualified researchers (the Principal) who have registered with us and asked us to sell academic services on their behalf.
- You can contact us by:
- Telephoning our customer service team on 0203 908 8221
- Writing to us at email@example.com
- Using our chat service which is available on the website from time to time.
- Logging in to your online account area and sending us a message.
- If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address you provided to us in your order. If however you contact us through your customer account, we will reply in the same way.
- Our opening hours are Monday-Friday: 9am to 7pm, Saturday: 10am to 1pm, Sunday: Closed.
- Due to the popularity of our services, telephone, email and chat support is not always available but we will always use our best efforts to respond to you expeditiously.
- OUR SERVICES
- The descriptions on our website of services are for illustrative purposes only. You may submit an order for any type of academic, written or research work that might reasonably be carried out by an academically qualified researcher ("Researcher") on your behalf. The actual service you receive will be based on acceptance of your instructions by one of our Researchers.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your instructions are correct.
- On receipt of your order we will select a Researcher or Researchers from those registered with us where (i) we have checked the qualifications and identification of the Researcher, and (ii) we believe that those qualifications are a good fit for the order that you have placed.
- We undertake to use reasonable care and skill in selecting suitable Researchers to complete your order, having regard to their qualifications, experience and past history working with the Agency.
- The prices quoted on our website (which include VAT) are for illustrative purposes only. We have a recommended price structure based on factors such as the standard, length and delivery speed of the service provided by the Researcher. However, as the Principal, each Researcher is responsible for setting their own prices.
- Once a suitable Researcher or Researchers have been identified, we will contact them to confirm their availability and to obtain a quotation for the price and delivery date. We will then contact you to make payment.
- If the quotation or quotations offered to you exceed our recommended price structure or the delivery date offered differs from that proposed when you placed your order, and you have already made payment for your order, you will be entitled to a refund if you do not want to proceed with your order.
- For the avoidance of doubt, one third of the price that you pay goes to your Researcher.
- When we email you to confirm that we have a suitable Researcher and you make payment for the agreed price, a contract will come into existence between you and us (“the Commencement Date”).
- We may agree with you to instruct your Researcher to start work before full payment for your order has been made (for example, we may agree to accept a 50% deposit). In these circumstances, the Commencement Date will be the day that you pay the deposit. In such circumstances, you must pay the remaining balance in full before we will deliver your order to you.
- We reserve the right to refuse any order at our absolute discretion. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this by email and will not charge you for the service. This might be because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, or because we are unable to find an Researcher to meet a delivery deadline you have specified. If you have already made a payment, this will be refunded.
- PROVIDING THE SERVICES
- On the Commencement Date, the Researcher we have selected for you will begin work on completing your order.
- During the course of your order, if it becomes necessary for you and your Researcher to discuss your original order specifications directly, we will provide the facility for you to do so.
- Once your Researcher has completed the work to your original order specification (the "Completed Order"), they will send it to us by email.
- On receipt of your Completed Order from the Researcher, we will submit the Completed Order for a plagiarism check using a comprehensive plagiarism scanner that does not add a copy of the document submitted to its central database.
- The delivery date for your Completed Order is as agreed with you during the order process (“the Delivery Date”).
- Your Completed Order will be uploaded to the 'Documents' section of your online account area. You can access and download the work by logging in to your account. If you would prefer to receive your Completed Order by email, please contact us in advance of the Delivery Date to let us know.
- If your Completed Order is uploaded for you before the Delivery Date, the period allowed for amendments (Clause 12 below) will begin from the Delivery Date.
- With the exception of orders that relate to modification of your own work (for example, proofreading, editing or marking):
- You acknowledge that you do not obtain the copyright to your Completed Order. Copyright remains with your Researcher (the Principal).
- You acquire an exclusive licence, by assignment by the Principal, to own a copy of your Completed Order for academic purposes only to use as an example answer.
- You do not acquire the copyright or the right to pass off your Completed Order, either in whole part, as your own.
- You undertake not to distribute, display or resell the work and you agree to handle the Completed Order in a way that fully respects the fact that you do not hold copyright to it.
- We undertake to ensure that an agreement is in place with the Principal that requires the Principal never to publish, resell, share or otherwise redistribute any Completed Order that has been sold through the Agency.
- LATE OR NON-DELIVERY
- If, after the Commencement Date a delay should occur which means that the Researcher cannot meet the agreed Delivery Date, we will contact you to ask whether you will agree to change the Delivery Date. If you do not agree, we will offer you a full refund.
- If your Completed Order is not delivered to you on the Delivery Date, and you have not agreed to change the Delivery Date, you will receive a full refund.
- If your Researcher requires further information from you to be able to complete your order and you do not provide that information promptly, you agree that the Delivery Date will be extended by the number of days that you delayed in providing the required information.
- If we accepted a deposit from you to commence your order and you have not paid the balance by the Delivery Date, you agree that the Delivery Date will be extended, and the time allowed for amendments reduced, by the number of days that you delayed in paying the outstanding balance.
- We guarantee that your Completed Order will be free from plagiarism. This guarantee is effective for 90 days from the Termination Date (as set out in Clause 8 above).
- The plagiarism guarantee will not apply if the type of order does not relate to original written work produced by your Researcher (for example, the plagiarism guarantee will not apply if you have supplied us with your own written work for your Researcher to proofread, edit or mark).
- As noted at Clause 4.4 above, your Completed Order is submitted for a comprehensive plagiarism check before it is sent to you. If we identify plagiarism at this stage, we will request that the Researcher amend the Completed Order before it is sent to you. The Completed Order will be rescanned to ensure that it no longer contains plagiarism. If the identification of plagiarism causes your order to be delayed or not delivered, you will be entitled to a refund for late or non-delivery in accordance with Clauses 6.1 – 6.4 above.
- In the unlikely event that you identify what you believe to be plagiarism in your Completed Order, we will carefully review your Completed Order and make a decision as to whether your findings constitute plagiarism. We may refer your case to another Researcher if we deem it necessary. Our decision on the matter will be final.
- We will not provide a refund where you have specifically requested that your Researcher incorporate material in a way that we would otherwise deem to be plagiarism.
- Where the alleged plagiarism is minor, or it is reasonably obvious that the alleged plagiarism is as a result of a mistake, our full refund guarantee will not apply.
- CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
- If you are a consumer then you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days of the Commencement Date (“the Cooling Off Period”) and receive a refund. These rights are under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013.
- Your right as a consumer to change your mind does not apply in respect of services, once these have been completed, even if the Cooling Off Period is still running.
- Because you have agreed that your Researcher will begin work on your order from the Commencement Date, if you cancel after this date you will be liable for the cost for the portion of your order that your Researcher has completed up until the time you tell us that you have changed your mind – even if this is within the Cooling Off Period.
- If you are a business, there is no right to cancel this contract after the Commencement Date. Your contract ends with us in accordance with Clause 8.5.
- If you do not cancel the contract, your contract with us ends either (i) at the conclusion of the period in which you can request free amendments as described below or (ii) once we have delivered any work to you that you have paid an additional price for your Researcher to complete (“the Termination Date”).
- The following clauses will succeed termination of this agreement: Clause 5 - Ownership, Clause 7 - Plagiarism, Clause 13 - Grade, Clause 16 - how we use your information
- HOW TO END THE CONTRACT WITH US (INCLUDING IF YOU ARE A CONSUMER WHO HAS CHANGED THEIR MIND)
- To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Phone - call customer services on 0203 908 8221 during our working hours.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Message us through your online account area.
- Please provide your name, order number and email address so that we may identify your order.
- You may use the model cancellation form underneath these terms but you do not have to do so.
- If you are entitled to a full or partial refund under these terms we will refund you by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- If you are exercising your right to change your mind, we may deduct from any refund an amount for the work that your Researcher has completed up until the time when you told us you had changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been completed, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
- We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
- OUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
- We may end the contract at any time by emailing you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 2 days of us reminding you that payment is due; or
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the services.
- you breach Clause 5 - see Clause 13.7.
- If we end the contract in the situations set out in this Section 11 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for the service we have not provided but we may deduct an amount for the work that your Researcher has completed up until the termination of the contract together with the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
- If any part of your Completed Order does not meet your original order specification, you have ten calendar days from the Delivery Date in which to request amendments. For example if your Delivery Date was the 4th, you may request amendments up to and including the 13th.
- To request amendments, you may either email us, or click the 'Amendments request' button in your online account area.
- All amendments must be requested in a single message.
- Amendments received before 4pm Mon - Fri or 12pm Saturday will be conveyed to your Researcher that day. Usually your amended order will be sent to you within two working days. For example, if you request a change before 4pm on Monday, your amended order will be sent to you on Wednesday. However, if your amendment request is more extensive (for example, amendments to a dissertation) your Researcher may require additional time. We will keep you informed at all times of the expected delivery date for your amendments.
- If you request additional work that is not within the remit of your original order specification, your Researcher will provide a quotation and suggested delivery date for completion of the additional work. You are under no obligation to accept the Researcher’s offer.
- If you request amendments to your Completed Order (whether paid or otherwise), the ‘grade’ of the work for the purpose of Clause 13 will be deemed to be the standard once the amendments have been completed.
- If your Completed Order does not meet the grade in your original order specification, you will receive a full refund.
- This guarantee is effective for 90 days from the Termination Date (as set out in Clause 8 above).
- We will require credible evidence that your Completed Order does not meet the grade in your original order specification – for example, feedback from a suitably qualified academic.
- If (having ordered original written work) you have submitted all or part of your Completed Order as if it were your own (in contravention of Clause 5 above) and it does not meet the grade in your original order specification, you will still be entitled to a refund provided that (i) a copy of tutor feedback is provided (ii) a copy of the exact submission is provided and (iii) the exact submission does not substantially differ in substance from the Completed Order supplied by the Researcher. In other words, we will accept your tutor’s feedback as evidence that your Completed Order did not meet the grade in your original order specification.
- If the reason that your order did not achieve the desired grade was because your instructions did not cover your institute’s requirements (as will be apparent from your tutor feedback), you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If the reason that your order did not achieve the desired grade was because your tutor identified that the work was not your own, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we do not under any circumstances condone plagiarism but we are aware that if your order does not meet the grade that you paid for, our legal obligations require that we refund your money.
- Should we discover that you have breached Clause 5 of this agreement, we will immediately terminate any agreements we have with you that have not yet been concluded and we will no longer provide any further services to you. We will issue a refund for any fees paid on the agreements that have been terminated, less the cost for the portion of your order that your Researcher has completed up until the time that we discovered the breach.
- If you have any questions or complaints about our services, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team on 0203 908 8221 or write to us at email@example.com.
- For your information, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says you can ask us to rewrite or amend your order if it’s not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can’t fix it.
- LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE
- Our total liability to you for all other losses arising under or in connection with any contract between us, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, will be limited to the total sums paid by you for services under this contract.
- The above Clause 15.1 is not intended to exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or for breach of your legal rights in relation to the services.
- HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We are a Data Controller registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under Registration Number ZA245894.
- We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- to supply services to you;
- to process your payment for the services; and
- to give you information about similar services that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
- We will only give your personal information to third parties if the law requires us to do so.
- We only collect information from you that is necessary to process and fulfil your order.
- We use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information we collect from you is being held securely, whether it’s on paper or on computer.
- We delete/destroy personal information as soon as we have no more
need for it.
- Access to personal information is limited only to those with a strict need
- We train our staff to ensure that they know when they can and cannot pass on personal information, in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will contact you to let you know if we plan to do this. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract within 2 calendar days of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for services not provided.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- Subject to any transfer under Clauses 17.1 or 17.2, nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person will have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Clause, schedule and paragraph headings will not affect the interpretation of this agreement.
- If any provision or part-provision of this agreement is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If that modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of this agreement.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide services, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- If you are a Consumer, these terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
- If you are a business, any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a contract between us or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.
- These terms represent the entire terms that exist between you and the Agency from the Commencement Date and supersede and replace any prior written or oral agreements, representations or understandings between us.
Model cancellation form for consumer customers cancelling within the Cooling Off Period
(Complete and return this form to firstname.lastname@example.org only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
Order number =
Order date =
To Student Academic Services Limited, Office 7, 35-37 Ludgate Hill, London EC4M 7JN.
I hereby give notice that I cancel the contract I have with you for the supply of the following services:
[Provide brief details of your order]
I acknowledge that my Researcher began work on my Order following the Commencement Date and I will be liable for an amount in proportion to what has been completed, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract