Do You Want To Learn About EasyJet?
This free example of SWOT analysis will help any student learning about EasyJet.
Use it to help you write an essay about EasyJet, or about SWOT analysis.
EasyJet Airline Company Limited:
- EasyJet is a leading provider of low budget, no frills air travel servicing many of the leading city destinations in the UK and across Europe, including Berlin, Amsterdam, Barcelona, and Prague.
- They offer a high quality service at competitive prices and offer a number of features including ticketless travel, internet booking and assisted travel services.
- They have a highly distinctive livery on their fleet of aircraft making them easily recognisable and distinguishing them from their competitors.
- They have a user friendly website which fully discloses the price breakdown of the passengers planned travel. Offering a full breakdown of the price plan prevents any hidden charges when the customer confirms there booking.
- EasyJet offers an online promotion alert which is e-mailed to existing customers and contact on the company’s database.
- Recognised as a leading brand name in the UK travel industry.
- As a market leader in an industry widely seen as a leading contributor to the green house effect and global warming, EasyJet actively embrace there environmental responsibilities and continue to keep these factors as a keep priority when developing their future strategies.
- EasyJet operate a fast and efficient service with an average turnaround time of 30 minutes or below. This enables them to maintain a reliable and hassle free service to their passengers.
- Domestic air travel is an extremely competitive industry with EasyJet’s main competitors being Jet2, BMI Baby, Ryan Air plus a host of smaller independent competitors. These external competitive forces can restrict and shape pricing policy on some of EasyJet’s less profitable routes as they seek to compete with their competitors.
- They do not offer a free food service on longer flights of 2 hours plus.
- Possible opening of alternative routes to major cities in Europe. A key route could be from Dublin to the UK, as this has a large potential for travellers going to soccer matches in the UK plus new links into corporate flyers to and from the UK.
- Offering of free refreshments on flights with a travel time of over two and a half hours. This would offer an extra perk and comfort to passengers making their experience with EasyJet all the more comfortable and enjoyable.
- Updated versions of the fly on the wall documentaries would provide the brand with more coverage and publicity.
- Competitors flying the same routes compete very competitively on price forcing pressure on margin on more popular flights and time slots.
- External market forces can have a significant impact on EasyJet’s business, e.g. the rising cost of oil can have a significant impact on running costs putting significant pressure on the profitability of less popular routes and time slots.
- Pressure from unions and employee relations committees can signifigantly impact on the day to day operations with strikes proving to be very costly to the company’s image.
- Economic downturn may lead to a decrease in casual flyers and corporate travel as companies seek to curtail what they see as unnecessary expenditure and in turn make less business trips.
Source: Essay UK - http://ntechno.pro/guides/swot-analyses/easyjet-swot-analysis.php